Wednesday, April 23, 2008

RE: Evaluation: Lacrosse



This is in response to Tyler's post evaluating the great sport of lacrosse. After being cut from the basketball team year after year in high school, I decided to try my skills in the game of lacrosse, and went on to play for my school's varsity team for three years (wooo Vikings!!). Unfortunately I was not motivated enough this year to try out for Ithaca's team, however I completely second Tyler's claim that "The game has so much to it such as speed, finesse, strength, power, agility, concentration, hand eye coordination, and much more." Lacrosse is hands down my favorite sport to play, and I really do believe it is one of the most demanding sports (second to maybe hockey) - not only are you constantly on the go, requiring a substantial amount of stamina, but you need precise stick-handling abilities, because having a lacrosse ball thrown at your face from halfway across the field will really, really hurt. I also have noticed lacrosse being a predominantly northeastern sport, but I think its popularity is rising, with higher spectators at each NLL game and more teams in the league. Our boys lacrosse team currently has a 13-2 record - nice job, boys....be sure to stop by the game Friday at 5PM, on the Upper Terrace Field.

No comments: