Thursday, April 17, 2008

Re: Key System

This is in response to Beth's post about the key system on Ithaca campus. Personally I have a terrible habit of forgetting important things, like my keys, and I can totally relate to the experiences of Beth's friend. Last semester I received enough lockouts to obtain a judicial referral. I recognize the fact that it's my own fault for locking myself out so many times, but to be penalized with a judicial referral? It seemed a little excessive, to receive such a reprimand in addition the penalty charges, however there was nothing I could really do about it. I completely agree with Beth's statement that the current system is pretty inefficient - there are certain limited hours for each local residence office, and in those off-hours you are doomed to lurk around the buildings and find an RA to let you into one of the offices. I guess as lavish and unnecessary of an expenditure as it is, this is one way the new ID card entry system may be beneficial to IC students.

No comments: